ASIC’s corporate plan covers the period from 2018–19 to 2021–22 and has been prepared as required by s35(1)(b) of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013.
It is ASIC’s primary planning document and was developed in accordance with ASIC’s integrated strategic planning framework and process.
ASIC’s corporate plan:
- describes our operating environment
- identifies our focus areas over the medium term and in 2018–19
- explains our strategy and regulatory approach to realise our vision
- explains the regulatory actions we will take over the medium term and in 2018–19 (which we have aligned to ASIC’s regulatory and registry mission statements)
- outlines how we will strengthen our capabilities to realise our vision
- outlines our performance evaluation framework (which we have aligned to ASIC’s regulatory and registry mission statements).
As we are expecting rapid changes to ASIC’s operating environment over the next four years, updates to the plan will be needed. These updates include addressing recommendations from the Financial Services Royal Commission, and from other inquiries such as the Productivity Commission’s review of the competitiveness and efficiency of the Australian superannuation system.