The Trusted Digital Identity Framework (TDIF) is a set of rules and standards that accredited members of the digital identity federation must follow. It makes sure everyone has a safe, secure, consistent and reliable way to use government services online.
The framework consists of 16 documents including an overview and glossary.
These documents set the rules and standards for:
- how personal information is handled by participating government agencies and organisations
- the usability and accessibility of identity services
- how the identity system is secured and protected against fraud
- how identity services are managed and maintained
- how this framework will be managed