The Fourth Action Plan, ‘Turning the Corner’ is the final Action Plan under the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and Their Children 2010-2022 (National Plan). The Fourth Action Plan will continue to provide a coordinated approach to reducing violence against women and their children through collaboration with all Australian jurisdictions.
The priorities explored through the consultation include:
- reducing violence against women and their children through prevention activities
- reducing sexual violence
- addressing the impact of violence on women from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- addressing the impact of violence on women from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- addressing the impact of violence on women with disability
- addressing the impact of violence on LGBTIQ people
- developing workforce capability
- responding to the impact of family and domestic violence on children
- adequate crisis accommodation
- supporting the medium to long-term safety, wellbeing and independence of women and their children
- addressing technology-facilitated abuse
- access to justice.
The purpose of this paper is to provide information on the evidence base for priorities explored through the consultations. This is not a comprehensive overview of all of the research available, and does not claim to represent the breadth of the conversations which have been had. It is also acknowledged that there are still gaps in the research and data.