This report analyses the results of an online survey on early learning developed by the Ministry of Education. The survey was designed to build engagement in the wider early learning sector and seek feedback from parents. The survey asked the following questions:
- In your view, how well does the New Zealand early learning system work now?
- In your opinion what are the strengths of New Zealand’s early learning system?
- What could be improved about our early learning system? Tell us about the most important first.
- What role could the government play in raising the quality of early learning services?
- What role could the government play in supporting all young children to learn and thrive regardless of background?
- What role could government play in planning the type and location of future early learning services?
- Is there anything else you think should be in the ten-year plan?
The results of the survey will inform the 10 Year Strategic Plan for Early Learning, being jointly developed by a Ministerial Advisory Group (MAG), a sector representative Reference Group and the Ministry of Education.