About the team
Deloitte Access Economics is Australia’s premier economic consultancy. We offer a suite of economic and policy advisory services to clients across government and the private and not-for-profit sectors, and pride ourselves on providing the highest calibre analysis and advice.
The Education Advisory team is a large and dedicated practice within Deloitte Access Economics, comprising more than 20 full-time team members across Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney and Brisbane.
We are a specialist advisory practice offering an array services including policy design, monitoring, interim review and final evaluation. Our work is distributed across the education continuum, from early childhood, through schooling and vocational training, to higher education.
This team is bringing the highest grade analysis and advice to the complex challenges and imperatives of the evolving education landscape. Our advice applies a variety of analytical frameworks, models and techniques, informed by the latest economic theory as well insights from other disciplines in social science and public policy.
About the role
Across the continuum of educational service provision, Australian governments are increasingly adopting policies to promote inclusion of students with disability in education, and improve educational outcomes for students with disability. We frequently provide advice on policies to support inclusive education to a range of government and non-government clients.
We are seeking to recruit a talented policy analyst to join the team in our Melbourne office, to contribute to our growing work in the area of inclusive education.
You will help our clients to develop, implement and evaluate policies to support students with disability across the educational continuum. You will work as part of a highly skilled and fast growing team to provide advice on effective practice at the school and classroom level, suitability of data and accountability systems, needs-based drivers of educational disadvantage, and resourcing implications for governments.
Your role will involve:
- development of analytical frameworks and research methodologies to guide streams of work
- leading analysis and developing research findings and recommendations
- developing reports and presentations, and communicating your findings to senior internal and client audiences
- conducting fieldwork, including system-wide consultations and designing and commissioning surveys
- guiding junior staff in undertaking research and report development, and contributing to the effective management of projects.
You will have two to five years’ experience as an economist, researcher or policy advisor, potentially in consulting, academia, or government. You will bring a combination of the following skills, attributes and experiences to our team:
- demonstrated skills and work history in research, economics and policy analysis
- high level conceptual and critical thinking skills
- familiarity with relevant policy issues and challenges in education, social inclusion, and students with disability
- ability to develop and implement research methodologies, including consultations, survey design and data analysis
- desire to work in a fast-paced and influential project team environment
- tertiary qualifications in economics, social science, public policy or related disciplines, with strong academic results.
Why Deloitte Access Economics?
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate, have an aspiration to be challenged, and a desire to grow professionally. In return, you will get the opportunity to work as part of a highly influential practice, on the highest priority issues, and engage with the most senior stakeholders across the education continuum.
Inclusion, Diversity and Wellbeing
At Deloitte, we believe that creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion is the responsibility of all of us and central to our ability to execute on strategy. We know that at the intersection of diversity and inclusion lies an area rich with fresh, innovative ideas and creativity – which drives a better employee experience and ultimately – better outcomes. Respect and inclusion are core values at Deloitte and we encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disability.
Please submit a cover letter and resume through the Deloitte job portal.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about the position before applying, please contact Juliette Jamoneau on 02 8260 4149. Applicants who are progressed to the next stage will be invited to complete a written task and attend an interview.