Take your leadership to the next level
Senior executives face constantly shifting priorities and must adapt to continually deliver value to the citizens they serve. The Executive Fellows Program (EFP) challenges senior public service executives working in the public domain to develop new leadership perspectives in a contemporary and highly interactive setting.
What is the EFP?
The EFP is an intensive and lively three-week residential program for senior executives to develop their capacity to lead public sector organisations, providing a rare opportunity for focused learning and reflection.
Participants will further develop their leadership, management and strategic skills while exploring the latest thinking on leadership in the public domain.
The program emphasises immersive and experiential learning and is delivered in three cities across three countries by world-recognised academics and high-calibre practitioners.
In 2019, participants will visit Wellington, Canberra and Singapore.
Learn how to better communicate in your relationships with ministers, staff and stakeholders, to create and deliver public value.
Apply by submitting an expression of interest for the 2019 program.
Who is it for?
The program is designed for high-performing senior public sector executives, such as deputy secretaries and executives who report to deputy secretaries or are two levels below CEO. The program is also suitable for senior not-for-profit sector executives in the not-for-profit sector, international equivalent levels and other experienced, high-performing senior leaders.
Why should I choose the EFP?
The program is modelled on leading global executive programs with a tailored focus on the needs of Australia and New Zealand. Participants will benefit from strategies, frameworks, and a global perspective, which are required to effectively lead across cultural boundaries and in an increasingly complex operating environment.
The program’s leadership framework highlights the capabilities required of successful public sector leaders, exploring:
- the interactive dynamics they face
- how to better respond to competing requirements
- how to frame discussion, planning and strategic actions (including concepts, frameworks and techniques)
- how Singapore approaches capacity and capability building, future planning, and the promotion of quality public services.
On completing this program, you will:
- deepen your self awareness as a leader
- increase fluency in a broad range of leadership styles and approaches
- strengthen your ability to create public value
- expand professional network and collaborative capabilities
- grow skills in coaching, listening and providing feedback
- increase capabilities in strategic analysis and complex problem solving
- understand and lead change more effectively
- deepen understanding of the opportunities and challenges of engagement in the Indo-Pacific region
- find inspiration to take your leadership to the next level.
EFP AT A GLANCE
- Intensive three-week residential program for senior executives to further develop their leadership, management and strategic skills.
- Bringing together world-recognised academics with high-calibre practitioners.
- Emphasis on immersive, experiential learning including locations Singapore, Wellington and Canberra.
- Supporting the development of networks across jurisdictions and sectors.
- Leverage your influence and relationships with ministers, staff and stakeholders, to create and deliver public value.