The Community Operations and Victims Support Agency (COVSA) Data, Research, Evaluation and Analysis (DREA) Team supports service delivery and policy development in COVSA by providing evidence-based insights to COVSA services and leadership. This includes working closely with individual business units in COVSA and other areas of the Department of Justice and Community Safety.
As the Senior Research and Evaluation Officer, your main responsibilities will include:
- designing evaluation frameworks, program logic/theory of change and data collection tools
- collecting primary data, through stakeholder consultations and interviews, surveys and facilitation of focus groups
- developing rigorous, evidence-based technical research and evaluation reports that incorporate a mixture of quantitative and qualitative data
- planning, developing and lead complex projects designed to inform policies and programs relating to victims, family violence and sexual assault, and analyse the effectiveness of Justice policy and program initiatives
- delivering expert and authoritative advice, reasoned recommendations and innovative policy options and solutions to high complex and sensitive issues to key stakeholders.
About the role
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- experience in completing technical evaluations across a range of methodologies, including process/implementation, developmental and outcomes evaluations
- experience in the collection and analysis of complex technical quantitative and/or qualitative data
- experience formulating actionable findings and recommendations based on evidence
- expertise in the successful management of projects to achieve objectives and to do so within tight timeframes
- knowledge of the policy environment and operation of government.
For further information on this position and to submit your application, please click here.