Australia's peak body for social services has released its tax reform election policy. It is calling for an end to tax loopholes for the wealthy in order to fund investment in our essential services and income support system.
It makes six recommendations under these policy proposal themes:
- Improving fairness in the tax system and easing future budget pressures
- Properly funding essential health, aged care and disability services
- Making housing more affordable through tax reform
- Removing inefficient business tax concessions and curbing international profit-shifting
- Reducing harms from overuse of alcohol and sugary drinks