The Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE) Organising Committee invites you to submit a paper for presentation at the 2019 conference in Brisbane. We are seeking submissions that will provoke debate, stimulate discussion, offer new ideas and encourage the dissemination of research findings. The abstract should reflect the conference theme ‘Education for a Socially Just World’.
The conference program will be organised into streams corresponding to the themes or focus areas of AARE Special Interest Groups.
All papers must be submitted online no later than Thursday, 30 May 2019.
Please ensure you read the submission guidelines before submitting.
Featured Symposiums acknowledge the commitment of AARE to honour and showcase current and outstanding educational research. The AARE Executive and Conference Committee invite researchers to submit a Featured Symposium proposal based on the conference theme ‘Education for a Socially Just World’.
Some submissions will be selected as Featured Symposiums with any submissions not successful being programmed as Symposiums within the general conference program.
AARE invites proposals for Featured Symposiums from Special Interest Groups and individual members of AARE. Please note, each submission will be assessed separately against the criteria by a Featured Symposium sub-Committee comprised of experienced researchers who are members of the Association. The Symposium proposer must identify a convenor/chair and will usually also identify a discussant for the session.
To submit a Feature Symposium please do so through the Oxford Portal. Please click on the submission portal button above to submit, please ensure you select this is a Feature Symposium check box when submitting.
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
The following Special Interest Groups will be featured in the 2019 conference program:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research
- Arts Education Practice and Research
- Assessment and Measurement
- Early Childhood
- Educational Leadership
- Educational Theory and Philosophy
- Environmental and Sustainability Education
- Gender, Sexualities and Cultural Studies
- Global Contexts for Education
- Health and Physical Education
- History and Education
- Inclusive Education
- Language and Literacy
- Middle Years of Schooling
- Motivation and Learning
- Politics and Policy in Education
- Poststructural Theory
- Professional and Higher Education
- Qualitative Research Methodologies
- Rural Education
- Schools and Education Systems
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Social Justice
- Sociocultural Activity Theory
- Sociology of Education
- Teacher Education and Research Innovation
- Teachers’ Work and Lives
- Technology and Learning
FULL ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Full papers are no longer accepted by AARE for refereeing. Authors who wish to publish full papers from accepted conference abstracts must make their own arrangements for paper peer review.
- Submission of an abstract DOES NOT automatically register you as a conference speaker. Conference registration must be done separately.
- All communications about your abstract submission will be sent to the email address that you provided during the submission process.
- We recommend that the email address belongs to the main author who will be in attendance at the conference.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Queries relating to the Call for Papers can be directed to the AARE Conference Office, Think Business Events on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9417 1350