Share your research, projects or experience with an audience passionate about making a difference to rural and remote mental health. Join us in Adelaide to discuss how mental health is assessed, treated and managed in rural and remote locations within Australia. Share ideas and connect with like-minded peers to find solutions to issues affecting you and your community. Abstract submissions are now open and we look forward to hearing from you.
SUICIDE & SELF HARM PREVENTION
- Community programs
- Suicide risk assessments
- Evidence based updates, challenges and trends in rural & remote locations
CHILD & YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH
- Behaviour and conduct management within schools
- Early intervention and the role of family
- Solutions for supporting serious mental health issues
SUPPORTING RURAL & (VERY) REMOTE MENTAL HEALTH WORKERS
- Development of the peer support network
- Assessing the worker, right fit for rural and remote work
- Consumer and carer
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Racism, lack of respect for cultural needs
- Stigma of mental health professionals
- Cultural engagement of non-indigenous professionals
For the full list of presentation topics, visit the symposium website HERE.
Abstracts close Friday 28th June 2019 - DON'T DELAY!