The Closing the Gap on Indigenous Health conference is a platform uniting indigenous communities, policy makers and healthcare providers to drive health equality and establish an environment in which Australia’s indigenous population can thrive.
Conference | 30 - 31 July 2019
Pre-Conference Workshop | 29 July 2019
View the full event program here!
Featuring over 25+ industry leaders, including:
- Christine Morgan, CEO, National Mental Health Commission
- Uncle Peter Shine, Director of Aboriginal Health, Northern Sydney Local Health District
- Aunty Deborah Sandy, Yugara-Yugarapul Aboriginal Corporation
- Kathy Anderson, President, Townsville Islander & Aboriginal Health Service
Register here and use the VIP code APO10 to receive a 10% discount!
Key reasons to attend:
- Address actual and current health needs to close the gap on health equality for indigenous communities
- Empower self-determination of indigenous communitiesthrough collaboration and consultation
- Increase indigenous workforce participation in the healthcare sector
- Incorporate culture, language, and identity into healthcare delivery
- Deliver successful healthcare programs in culturally accessible ways
- Ensure indigenous community involvement in criticalhealthcare decisions
- Improve health and life expectation equality for Australia's indigenous peoples
- Enable collaboration amidst community elders, government and healthcare providers
Register here and remember to use the VIP code APO10 to receive a 10% discount!