This report was commissioned as part of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)’s Roadmap for Reform, a systematic approach to improving the Victorian child and family system, incorporating the statutory child protection system, out-of-home care, and early intervention and prevention services for children and families experiencing vulnerabilities. The purpose of this project was to prepare a ‘menu’ of evidenced-based practices and programs relevant to six key areas, corresponding to a tiered continuum of services:
- families who function well
- families who have some difficulties
- families at risk of child maltreatment
- families receiving statutory child protection services
- children living in out-of-home care
- care leavers.
The project also aimed to provide a set of recommendations to support the implementation of the menu in Victoria.