With cases of Indigenous suicide increasing at an alarming rate, Australia urgently needs to rethink the services currently being offered and implement strategies to increase Social and Emotional Wellbeing.
Economic stability, connection to land and culture, substance abuse and trauma are just some of the impacting factors on an individual's social and emotional wellbeing; some preventative and others unavoidable. However, with the implementation of proactive early intervention and prevention programs, individuals can be provided with the tools they need to overcome adversity.
The 4th National Social and Emotional Wellbeing Forum provides delegates with the opportunity to connect and collaborate with like-minded individuals and create systems-level change.
Attend this forum and learn how to:
- Implement proactive solutions to build positive social and emotional wellbeing amongst Indigenous communities
- Provide culturally appropriate support services to meet the social and emotional needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Build successful partnerships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous organisations through open communication
- Implement early intervention and prevention strategies to combat the increasing rates of Indigenous suicide
- Break down the stigma and shame attached to mental illness in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
APO Subscribers recieve an exclusive 10% discount off the current price! Quote VIP code: WFXAPO
Find out more and register today! Early bird discounts available every 3 weeks!