This policy outlines the basic principles and strategies used in the Agency for Cultural Affairs. It introduces the foundations of cultural administration, promotion strategies for different sectors in the cultural and creative industries, and several case studies.
Foundations for cultural administration:
- The Organization of the Agency for Cultural Affairs
- The Basic Act on Culture and the Arts, and the Basic Policy
- Council for Cultural Affairs
- Overview of the FY2018 Budget for the Agency for Cultural Affairs
- Commending Artistic and Related Personnel Achievement
- Cultural Publicity
- Private-Sector Support for the Arts and Culture
- Cultural Programs for the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020
- Initiatives Grounded in the Changing Conditions for Culture and the Arts
This policy not only sets out promotion goals and strategies for sectors like performing arts, media arts, films, museums, copyright and cultural properties, it also addresses strategic plans for areas like: arts education, cultural activities in regional areas, international cultural exchange and Ainu culture. Moreover, it showcases the pathway to support reconstruction after the Great East Japan Earthquake and the 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake through culture and the arts.