The Child and Youth Wellbeing Strategy sets out a shared understanding of what children and young people need and want in order to be well, and what government is and should be doing to support them.
The purpose of the Strategy is to:
- Set out a framework to improve child and youth wellbeing that can be used by anyone.
- Drive government policy in a unified and holistic way
- Outline the policies the Government intends to implement
- Harness public support and community action
- Increase political and public sector accountability for improving wellbeing
- Improve wellbeing outcomes for Māori children and young people