This plan recognises issues in the process of cultural standardisation: limited and poor quality standards, poor applicability and no plans as a whole. In order to improve the national standardisation development strategy in the cultural sector, this document outlines basic theories, principles, main missions and goals.
- Guided by Deng Xiaoping's theory
- "The Important Thought of 'Three Represents'"
- Scientific outlook on development
- Government-led: To centralize guidance and policies.
- Pirority on core development: To improve fundamental standards, industrial standards, public culture security and cultural environment protection.
- Demand-oriented: To connect cultural standardisation development with social demands.
- Joint participation: To involve cultural enterprises, institutions, social groups, experts and scholars in the process of research and policy-making relating to cultural standardisation.
- Laying equal stress on both formulation and implementation: To focus not only on researching and policy-making, but also on policy and stardard action plan.
- Independent innovation: To explore cultural standardisation with Chinese characteristics.
- Connection with international community: To actively adopt international standards and advanced foreign standards, and to connect with international standardisation institusion in order to improve Chinese cultural products and services.
Main missions and goals:
- Construction on cultural standardisation institutions
- Strengthening the standardization construction of public culture service
- Formulation on security standards of public culture
- Formulation on urgent-demand standards in cultural sector: 'Terminology of cultural services', 'Classification Criteria of Public Cultural Service System', 'Classification Criteria of Cultural Facilities' etc.
- Promoting technological progress in the cultural sector by standardisation
- Promotin cultural industries by standarsation
- Laying foundation for the construction of cultural legalization through standardization
- Strengthen the implementation of cultural standards