Are you an experienced health or human services policy manager? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be part of a team growing our business in Australia? Allen + Clarke is a consultancy firm that provides policy, regulatory, business change, evaluation, research, and secretariat services to government, private sector and not-for-profit clients. We operate across Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific, and Asia.
- We are well-recognised as a policy leader: our clients come to us for trusted advice on a wide range of issues.
- We’ve been around for 20 years and opened our Melbourne office at the start of 2019. We are looking for additional expertise to join our team.
- At Allen + Clarke our company purpose is to mobilise passionate and capable people to tackle the challenges facing our society.
- We are all about relationships – we choose carefully who we want to work with (that includes our staff, our partners and our clients).
- We regularly work on projects that focus on social justice/equity in Australia, NZ and the Pacific.
Here’s a very short list of examples:
- Evaluation of the Australian Government’s Investment in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care through the Indigenous Australians’ Health Programme
- Evaluation of the Child Health Check and the Expanding Health Services Delivery Initiative in the Northern Territory
- Assisting Workbridge NZ to develop a business case to source funding for their future activities assisting people with disabilities into the workforce
- We also have a pro bono programme each year where Allen + Clarke supports a number of agencies with free policy, evaluation and business change services.
An example of this was an evaluation of the ‘Turning the Curve’ driving program for New Zealand’s ChangeMakers Refugee Forum. The purpose of the evaluation was to better understand how Turning the Curve, a driver training program for former refugee women in the Wellington region, works and why it works, to inform its implementation moving forward.
More information on our specific projects is available here: www.allenandclarke.co.nz/projects.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Have significant experience working in, and relationships with, the health and human services sector in Australia
- Have a sound knowledge of the policy cycle, systems and processes
- Enjoy delivering practical policy solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Can plan, manage and see high-quality policy projects through from inception to completion
- Are comfortable being thrown in the deep end and thrive on working with clients to identify their needs and deliverables
- Can lead projects, manage multiple pieces of work at once and work successfully within a team
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people
- Have experience in managing diverse relationships, and
- Have a strong client focus.
Experience in managing and mentoring staff is essential. Past experience in a consulting or business environment would be an advantage.
We are committed to providing a supportive and culturally safe working environment for all our staff members, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees.
You can find out more about us at www.allenandclarke.com.au.
How to apply for this job:
Applications close at 5pm Sunday 22 September 2019.
Applicants should provide a cover letter and a succinct curriculum vitae or resume of no more than 4 pages.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Policy Manager application via APO
If you have any questions, please contact Kylie Berg on email@example.com.
This is an ongoing, full time role based in Melbourne and will require some domestic and international travel.
- Employer: Allen + Clarke Consulting
- Work Type/s: Full Time
- Classification/s: Policy & Research
- Sector/s: Business/Private Sector
- Location: Melbourne
Applications close: 22 September, 2019.