The Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) in partnership with Southern Cross University was contracted in May 2018 by the NSW Government to establish the Centre for Excellence in Therapeutic Care to support the Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) reforms in NSW. The ITC reforms provide an integrated continuum of therapeutic care options that are positioned to more effectively address the needs of traumatised young people and achieve improved outcomes across the domains of safety, permanency and well-being. The Centre for Excellence in Therapeutic Care (the Centre) is committed to supporting ITC agencies to reduce the difference between what is known and what is delivered on a day-day basis to young people.
Through interactive processes of knowledge exchange and transfer, the Centre:
- Systematically builds, synthesises and translates knowledge
- Supports the development of a collective understanding and capacity to enact therapeutic care across the ITC system and related sectors
- Fosters a shared ownership for the achievement of high quality outcomes
- The Centre offers a range of services and specialist resources to ITC Agencies including:
- Building, synthesising and translating knowledge into evidence summaries, practice guides and tools
- Developing and maintaining a knowledge bank of evidence-based therapeutic care
- Promoting knowledge sharing across the sector
- Offering learning and development activities
- Providing a Community of Practice function for Therapeutic Specialists
- Providing implementation support, advice and consultancy services
- Undertaking research and evaluation activities
We are looking for a Senior Advisor who will play a key role in supporting the translation of knowledge and evidence into practice. The Senior Advisor will focus on developing practice guides and tools, contributing to the blog and conducting webinars in particular areas of practice. Your role will be flexible to meet the emerging and ongoing needs of the Centre and the ITC Providers.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Support and enhance the relationship between the Centre and the ITC Providers
- Support the development of new joint initiatives with government and non-government partners which enhance outcomes for young people in the ITC system
- Contribute to the ongoing review of public policies and practices which affect the protection and care of children and young people
- Provide training workshops on topics developed jointly with the management of the Foundations professional education activities
- The Senior Advisor will support the development of the following products and/or activities:
- Production and publication of practice guides, tools and other written resources
- Ongoing building of the ITC knowledge bank
- Sector knowledge sharing
- Face to face and online accredited and unaccredited workforce development training
- A blog
- Communities of practice for leadership within ITC agencies
- Participate in new projects that the Centre undertakes
About you - key selection criteria:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline
- Extensive experience in the area of child abuse and/or working with children and young people
- Extensive experience in translating knowledge into practical strategies and tools through training and other learning opportunities
- Extensive experience in program development, monitoring and evaluation
- Clear written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated experience in the development and provision of education workshops to health, welfare, education and legal professionals
- Sound interpersonal skills, including demonstrated capacity to negotiate sensitive and complex issues with specific expertise in conflict resolution
- Sound understanding of what is meant by trauma informed therapeutic services
- A current Australian driver’s license or equivalent
- A current Working with Children Check or equivalent
Remuneration & Benefits:
This position attracts a competitive base salary + phone + tablet + superannuation + salary packaging. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- Professional Development (up to $1000 (pro-rata) per year)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer: Australian Childhood Foundation
- Work Type/s: Full Time
- Classification/s: Education & Training, Social Work, Youth, Mental Health & Counselling, Policy & Research, Project Management
- Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
- Location: Sydney
- Support major system reform
- Unique role in Australia
- Be part of resourcing change to Intensive Therapeutic Care System across NSW
- Attractive salary and excellent benefits including, phone, tablet and salary packaging
How to apply:
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children? Please forward a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria to email@example.com, using the subject line: Senior Advisor - Policy and Practice application via APO.
Or for more information about the role, or a copy of the position description please contact our recruitment team at – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 1st November 2019.
Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
ACF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job posted on: 30 September, 2019.
Applications close: 01 November, 2019.