Do you work in policy, advocacy or government relations in a not-for-profit organisation? Are you keen to learn about emerging issues in the sector, brush up on key skills and connect with like-minded people? Join us for our first ever Essential Briefing event which focuses on relevant issues, skills development and up-to-date information for people working to create systemic change in the not-for-profit sector.
What will be explored?
This day long briefing will include presentations, panels tools, resources and opportunities to connect with other people working to create change. 2020 brings ongoing and unique challenges to people advocating for change in the not-for-profit sector. This Essential Briefing has been designed for people working in policy, advocacy, communications, government relations and management roles in a not-for-profit environment to provide timely information on key policy issues, the political climate and key resources.
The topics being covered include:
- Presentation and Q and A session on threats to not-for-profit advocacy and what these mean for our work
- Panel and Q and A session on the current political environment
- Tools and resources for policy investigation and advocacy
- Presentations on key issues in a range of priority policy areas
- Case studies of current advocacy, policy, messaging and campaigns.
- Alice Drury, Lawyer, Human Rights Law Centre
- Holly Hammond, Commons Library Director, The Commons Social Change Library
More speakers to be announced over coming weeks.
Registration and details:
Where: Ainslie Arts Centre, 30 Elouera St, Braddon ACT 2612
When: Wednesday 18 March 2020
Time: 9am – 5pm
- Super Early Bird [available to 31 December 2019] - $349 (Professional Community Members please use your code to gain a further discount.)
- Early Bird [available 1 January to 14 February 2020] - $449 (Professional Community Members please use your code to gain a further discount.)
- General Ticket [available 15 February to 2 days before event] - $499 (Professional Community Members please use your code to gain a further discount.)
Ticket prices include access to the event, barista made coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.