This strategy has been developed alongside the NPY Women's Council's directors, members and staff, with input from a range of critical influencers from across the region and social sector.
This strategy provides a foundation for stakeholders to understand what NPYWC are looking to achieve and how we will work towards our vision and purpose; a framework to inform the organisations priorities, annual business planning and resourcing; and a tool for their directors and members to communicate their priority advocacy areas and future aspirations.
- NPY Women's Council aims to develop their leadership, ensuring succession within its governance and, in turn, empowering the future leaders of the region.
- The organisation utilises best practice human resource approaches to get the right staff in the right roles with the right skills and support; be an employer of choice for Anangu; maintain a safe work environment; implement succession planning at all levels.
- Using an evidence-based approach, design and deliver culturally appropriate and strength-based services to develop their practice evidence and contribute to research and evaluation.
- The organisation aims to establish a commercial arm to the organisation to explore business ventures, through partnerships or new initiative opportunities, to generate additional and profitable revenue streams for the organisation.
- NPY Women’s Council believes more could be done by the SA, WA, NT and Commonwealth Governments to support and elevate Anangu governance systems, and to create education environments that more effectively transition young Anangu people into employment.
NPY Women’s Council believes a key factor to improving this data is a genuine acknowledgement by mainstream funding bodies of the contribution Anangu cultural practices make to individual and community wellness and strength. Such a shift would influence employment and education outcomes, and enable Anangu to make a greater contribution to the local and regional economy. They believe a greater commitment to this perspective will offer Anangu the opportunity to live well in both worlds.