Across Australia, Indigenous business is booming. Recent changes to federal Indigenous Procurement Policy (IPP) have created multi-million dollar opportunities for Indigenous businesses. In addition, there is a growing demand for Indigenous workers as procurement policy requires major contracts to meet Indigenous employment quotas. There has never been a more exciting time for Indigenous businesses, and the opportunities are larger than ever.
Despite the successes of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses, Indigenous communities still face staggering unemployment rates. By investing in training, business development and grassroots empowerment, both Indigenous and mainstream businesses can ensure that they are utilising the wisdom and culture of their local communities.
The 7th National Indigenous Economic Development Forum will address upcoming procurement opportunities for Indigenous people in both business and employment. Let’s work together to grow business, encourage entrepreneurship and facilitate sustainable employment for Indigenous communities.
By attending this forum, you will learn how to:
- Empower business growth and employment by learning how to secure Indigenous procurement opportunities.
- Engage with cross-sector businesses to gain knowledge and mentorship, and pursue ethical Joint Ventures while reducing the risk of such projects.
- Discover ways to gain a sustainable Indigenous workforce through culturally-sensitive recruitment processes and workplaces.
- Overcome various social barriers to create sustainable employment and strong Indigenous communities.
- Achieve government and private funding by studying case studies and learning from funding body representatives.
- Utilise government policy to your best advantage by hearing from federal and state representatives.
This practical forum is developed for senior professionals involved in:
- Resource management and mining
- Culturally-sensitive aged care and health services
- Infrastructure, planning and development
- Entrepreneurship and business development
- Employment, recruitment and community engagement
- Land, water and fire management and biosecurity
- Family, social and community development services
APO Subscribers receive an exclusive 10% discount off the current price! Quote VIP code: WFXAPO
Find out more and register today! Early bird discounts are available now!