Next25 Navigator presents a negative and confronting picture of how Australians view institutions and progress on important aspirations. Six findings stand out:
- Institutions are failing
- Short-termism and vested interests trump the public interest
- No one is taking accountability
- A generational schism has opened up
- Australians feel powerless and have switched of
- All resulting in a pessimistic nation
This report covers our social research, which engaged a large, nationally-representative sample of everyday Australians in quantitative and qualitative work across the five dimensions of Navigator.