The report examines the attitudes of young adults (aged 18 to 34) towards technology, including:
- the types of devices they use to access the internet
- the nature and extent of their online activities
- what they use to communicate
- how they consume entertainment online
- the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on their online habits.
The findings paint a portrait of a generation who go online multiple times a day, are quick to adapt to new developments and eager to embrace digital innovation.
Particularly strong adopters of mobile technology, young people are connecting to the internet wherever they are and are using an increasing number of platforms and apps to do so.
Their reliance on digital technology across many aspects of life also accelerated during the COVID-19 pandemic and their online activity increased more considerably than older Australians.