Creative State 2025 is the Victorian Government’s next four-year creative industries strategy, designed to grow jobs and skills, and secure Victoria’s reputation as a global cultural destination and bold creative leader.
At a time when the global creative community continues to face uncertainty and challenge, Creative State 2025 aims to engender stability, create opportunity and stimulate growth for Victoria’s creative workers, businesses and industries.
Importantly, the strategy positions our creative industries as a catalyst for the state’s future economic prosperity and social wellbeing.
Creative State 2025 builds on the achievements of the Victorian Government’s landmark Creative State strategy (2016-2020) and will guide a record $288 million investment, over the next four years.
The strategy comprises 25 actions across five strategic priorities and is designed to support:
- More and better job opportunities and pathways
- Innovative creative products and experiences
- Industry stability and growth
- Equitable access to the creative industries, and
- New audiences and markets.
The strategy is underpinned by a set of principles to guide our future program design, investment and decision-making. These are:
- First Peoples first (including the 11 Guiding Principles of Aboriginal Self-Determination)
- For every Victorian
- Whole of state
- Health and wellbeing, and
- Environmental impact.