More than 80 per cent of Australia’s population live in cities that collectively generate over 80 per cent of our economic wealth.
A bi-partisan commitment to planning and delivering better cities; to working collaboratively with the states and territories, and with industry, to prioritise and fund the infrastructure we need for jobs, growth and a better way of life is now more urgent than ever.
This plan to improve infrastructure funding and strategic planning in Australian cities has been developed by the Urban Coalition, a diverse coalition of built environment groups including the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA).
The Urban Coalition members are:
- Association of Building Sustainability Assessors
- Australian Sustainable Built Environment Council
- Australian Conservation Foundation
- Australian Institute of Architects
- Consult Australia
- Green Building Council of Australia
- National Growth Areas Alliance
- Planning Institute of Australia
- Property Council of Australia
- Urban Development Institute of Australia