This survey attracted more than 100,000 on line responses from individuals around the world about their drug use. The study looked at prevalence, price, purity, value for money and the proportion of people seeking medical treatment. The 2015 survey specifically focussed on:
- The dark net - with the closure of Silk Road, how are people buying drugs online?
- Nitrous oxide - the risks of neurological harm from this drug
- E-cigarettes - whether these might be used for something other than nicotine
- Performance enhancing drugs - weight loss agents and anabolic steroids
- Cognitive enhancers - Ritalin, modafanil and atomoxetine use among students and working people.