Summary results of the monthly Labour Force Survey containing estimates of employed and unemployed persons classified by sex, full-time/part-time status, states and territories and some age groups; and persons not in the labour force.
TREND ESTIMATES (MONTHLY CHANGE)
- Employment increased to 11,797,300.
- Unemployment increased to 772,300.
- Unemployment rate remained steady at 6.1%.
- Participation rate remained steady at 64.9%.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs decreased 0.4 million hours to 1,634.0 million hours.
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES (MONTHLY CHANGE)
- Employment increased 38,500 to 11,810,700. Full-time employment increased 12,400 to 8,170,400 and part-time employment increased 26,100 to 3,640,300.
- Unemployment increased 40,100 to 800,700. The number of unemployed person looking for full-time work increased 23,600 to 568,100 and the number of unemployed persons only looking for part-time work increased 16,500 to 232,600.
- Unemployment rate increased 0.3 pts to 6.3% from a revised June 2015 estimate.
- Participation rate increased 0.3 pts to 65.1%.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs decreased 3.4 million hours (0.2%) to 1,633.2 million hours