The Urban Development Capacity Dashboard provides information on a range of market indicators that local authorities are required to monitor as part of the National Policy Statement on Urban Development Capacity.
Market indicators included on the dashboard are:
- Residential building consents compared to changes in household numbers
- Dwelling sales prices
- Dwelling rents
- Ratio of dwelling sales prices to rents
- Dwelling sales volumes as a percentage of total residential stock
- Land value as a percentage of capital value
- The Housing Affordability Measure (HAM)
Information on the market indicators is presented using a range of dynamic charts and interactive maps. These market indicators provide information to assist giving effect to policy PB6 of the National Policy Statement on Urban Development Capacity (NPS-UDC).
Other sources of data held by councils, published by Statistics New Zealand, or private data providers, can be used to delve deeper into housing market trends or investigate trends in business land markets. The evidence and monitoring guidance outlines how these additional data sources can be used to supplement and enhance the information provided on the dashboard.
The dashboard works best in Chrome.