How to use APO
We want to keep you updated with the latest policy and practice research and resources. Subscribe to our free newsletter service by following these steps:
- Click on the button below to fill in the subscribe form with your details.
- Choose from our newsletter options.
- Click subscribe.
Check your email and confirm your subscription. You can update your subscription preferences by clicking on the link at the bottom of any newsletter to make your changes.
Add a Resource
By adding a resource to APO authors, publishers and organisations can make policy resources discoverable to thousands of policy professionals in the government, education, not-for-profit and commercial sectors in Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
Every author and organisation on APO receives a profile page that provides a collection of their resources and their associated engagement metrics.
Steps to add a resource:
- Register if you are contributing for the first time.
- Log in and go to: Add a Resource.
- Select Resource Type.
- Review and click save.
- You can only fill in the resource form once. To make any changes after saving, email email@example.com and an APO editor will edit the record for you.
- Your resource will then wait for an APO editor to moderate.
- You can view all your added resources on your My APO dashboard.
You will be advised by email when your resource is published. Please be patient, this can take up to 48 hours.
Read about resource contribution and moderation in APO's Content Policy.
Our advertising is specifically targeted towards our policy and research community’s interests and needs. We offer Banner ads in our newsletters that focus on any public policy or research-related theme, and Classified listings on our website and in our newsletters that focus on relevant events, courses, jobs and calls & notices in the public policy sphere. Advertising can also be incorporated into APO Partner benefits.
APO makes public policy research visible, discoverable and usable. We collect and curate high quality content – our open access web platform contains over 43,000 resources including specialist collections, grey literature reports, articles and data.
Anyone can use APO to:
- Search, browse and download resources
- Download resource references using the citation tool
- Share resources with colleagues via email, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more
- Explore specialist collections
- Subscribe to APO newsletters
Registered users can:
- Add a resource to APO
- Bookmark favourite resources
- Access your My APO dashboard to:
- view your added resources and engagement metrics
- access your saved bookmarks.