APO provides an excellent opportunity to reach our policy community. Our website generates over 1 million pageviews per year and our newsletters reach over 16,000 unique subscribers each week.
Our advertising is specifically targeted towards our community’s interests and needs. We provide an excellent opportunity to reach a highly targeted and unique public policy and research audience. We offer two advertising options:
- Banner ads can focus on any policy or research-related theme. They appear at the top of our newsletters and as one of the first things a reader sees, they provide the greatest impact.
- Classifieds focus on relevant events, courses, jobs and calls & notices in the public policy and research sphere. They appear in the classified section of our newsletters and on the website. Classifieds offer excellent value and calls & notices are free.
- Follow our Advertising steps to book a banner or upload a classified.
- View our Advertising rate card for prices.
- Read our Advertising terms and conditions.
APO newsletters offer a unique opportunity to reach a highly targeted public policy and research audience. Our recent Subscriber Survey 2019 results show that our subscribers are highly engaged, loyal and satisfied.
Top subscriber industries
Half of our newsletter subscribers are employed in government, followed by not-for-profits and universities.
Top subscriber roles
Many of our newsletter subscribers are policy officers along with significant subscriber cohorts of managers or heads of organisations and researchers.
Our newsletter subscribers are located in every Australian state, as well as New Zealand. Victoria is the state with the most subscribers (34%), followed by New South Wales (25%), Queensland (12%) and the Australian Capital Territory (11%). *
* Subscriber data taken from the APO Newsletter Subscriber Survey 2019 results, with 564 respondents.
APO newsletter guide
|Newsletter||Policy Pulse||Policy Weekly||New Zealand|
|Content||The latest policy content on APO selected by our editors.||The most-read content from Policy Pulse|
and other influential content.
|Essential New Zealand policy updates.|
|Delivered||Every Monday and Thursday.||Every Wednesday.||First and third Tuesday of each month.|
|Open rate *|
Industry average is 21% **
|Click rate *|
Industry average is 3% **
* APO subscriber numbers, open rates and click rates taken from the APO Subscriber List (Mailchimp, February 2019).
** Industry averages taken from Mailchimp Email Marketing Benchmarks (Mailchimp, October 2019).