Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples should be aware that this resource may contain images or names of people who have since passed away.
National roadmap for Indigenous skills, jobs and wealth creation
|National roadmap for Indigenous skills, jobs and wealth creation||822.83 KB|
This roadmap aims to provide a long-term commitment and organising framework to implement actions that will lift economic outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
It is intended to drive Australian government and industry investment in human, social and economic capital and connect Indigenous Australians to jobs and industry opportunities. The roadmap, and its focus on enabling economic opportunity, will hopefully complement the National Agreement on Closing the Gap and its focus on addressing social inequalities.
The delivery of the roadmap will be a collective effort from industry, Indigenous Australians and governments at all levels. The involvement and leadership of all sectors will be required to effect meaningful change in partnership with Indigenous Australians.
The roadmap is organised around three key domains: skills, jobs and business. Each domain is underpinned by a series of policy pillars designed to drive enhanced economic opportunities and pathways to sustainable change.
- Youth transitions from school to further education and training, entrepreneurship and employment.
- Increase access to and completion of vocational education and training and higher education.
- Promoting career pathways, skills and opportunities for Indigenous Australians to upskill into technical and leadership roles and to start and grow a business.
- Improving the delivery of employment services so Indigenous Australians achieve better job outcomes.
- Complementary actions to get more Indigenous Australians in to work, access to career advice and support career aspirations.
- Activating land, sea, water and cultural resource rights.
- Increasing demand for Indigenous business across a broader range of industry sectors.
- Improving supply side support by investing in capability and increasing access to capital and markets.