The Progressive Party of Aotearoa New Zealand
The Progressive Party of Aotearoa New Zealand aim to achieve the following:
- Expand the concept of humanism beyond a concern for human welfare to a concern for the welfare of all living being
- Serve the whole expression of human nature – people’s physical, mental and spiritual needs – in a balanced and integrated way
- Transcends the left-right political spectrum and acknowledges the positive contribution of many social and economic philosophies
- Support a distributed network economy, where economic, social and cultural power lies in the hands of local people, rather than transnational corporations or nation-states
- Redefine the motives for economic activity. Instead of merely maximizing profits, often at the expense of people and planet, the Progressive Party will focus the economy on providing goods and services to meet the changing needs of society.