This ASPI Strategic Policy Forum examines approaches to countering online radicalisation in Australia.
Forum contributors participated in an ASPI outreach dialogue on the topic of internet radicalisation that was held in Perth, Western Australia, in May 2009.
Individual speakers and their papers are:
- Dr Anthony Bergin: The internet as a platform for radicalisation
- Mr Michael Crowley: Legal and policy issues in combating online radicalisation
- Mr Richard Bone: Industry role in counter-radicalisation
- Dr Anne Aly: Online radicalisation and the Muslim diaspora
- Mr David Cake: Upholding the principle of free speech
- Mr Raspal Khosa: Concluding remarks
ASPI Strategic Policy Forums are online roundtable discussions undertaken when a subject of critical importance requires debate. They bring together a range of experts to discuss the main policy alternatives, the results of which provide policy makers and the broader public with accurate and authoritative information about crucial strategic policy choices.