Facebook has more than 845 million active users per month and the number is growing steadily. But is Facebook really your friend?
Critics say it destroys the notion of privacy and devalues friendship. But Facebook fans see the social networking site as a tool that enhances life and creates a true global village. Coming up on Big Ideas: an Intelligence Squared debate from the UK.
- Baroness Susan Greenfield
- Scientist, writer, broadcaster, and member of the House of Lords
- Albert Wenger
- IT expert and partner at Union Square Ventures whose portfolio includes Twitter and Tumblr
- Ben Hammersley
- Editor-at-large of Wired magazine
- Lewis Iwu
- Program director at Debate Mate, a peer-to-peer debate program, former World University debating champion and imminent trainee at law firm Slaughter and May
- Tony Curzon Price
- Editor of openDemocracy