Never before has it been easier for Australian artists to record and distribute their music. The digital age has lead to a plethora of easily available music. But in a vast sea of music, how do you get your songs heard? At this year’s Big Sound conference, a panel of music industry insiders talk to Paul Barclay about ‘the future of Australian music’. Much has changed since the days of 70’s ‘pub rock’, so what does it now take to make it big here and overseas? Is performing live more important than ever? How will we discover, consume and listen to music in the future?
- Kathy McCabe
- National Music Writer for News Corp Australia.
- Millie Millgate
- Executive Producer, Sounds Australia.
- Andy Kent
- Band member & manager, You Am I. Manager of Tim Rogers. Operations Manager, Love Police Touring.
- Nick Findlay
- Assistant Music Director, Triple J
- Michael Chugg
- Rock promoter, Chugg Entertainment, Chugg Music.
- Big Sound