The aim of this review was to identify policies, programs and services which have been effective in preventing and/or managing mild to moderate depression and anxiety in adults.
- The researchers make recommendations for each condition; and recommend developing a framework to guide the selection and implementation of interventions.
- For mild to moderate depression recommendations include interventions delivered online and via mobile apps; peer support interventions; text-based interventions and exercise-based interventions.
- Guidance is given regarding the level of therapist support to be provided alongside the intervention.
- For anxiety, internet and mobile app delivered interventions without therapist guidance are highly recommended.
- For mixed depression and anxiety, internet interventions incorporating CBT are recommended.