Structure of this report
This report comprises 6 chapters, including this introductory chapter:
- Chapter 2 presents background information on toll roads in Australia and in other countries.
- Chapter 3 examines the financial arrangements for existing toll roads and projects that are under development, and how those arrangements are arrived at.
- Chapter 4 focuses on equity aspects of toll arrangements, including
- regional equity considerations for those areas serviced by toll roads, and
- systems of enforcing toll payments and related administration charges.
- Chapter 5 examines the interaction of commercial considerations of the operations of private toll roads with federal and state transport and infrastructure policy.
- Chapter 6 summarises the committee's views and makes recommendations.