The Victorian government has released the Terms of Reference that will guide the Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System. The Terms of Reference have been devised after consultation with the experts in the mental health sector and the community.
The inquiry will consider:
- How to most effectively prevent mental illness and suicide
- How to deliver the best mental health outcomes and help Victorians navigate the system
- How to best support the needs of family members and carers of people living with mental illness
- How to improve outcomes for those in the community at greater risk of experiencing poor mental health
- How to best support people living with mental illness and problematic alcohol and drug use
The Commission will deliver a preliminary report by November 30 2019 and a final report in October 2020.