This document summarises proposed new requirements that are intended to both quickly stop water quality getting worse, and set us on a path to healthier freshwater in a generation. These regulations would require different actions in different regions and catchments, but in general would mean:
- Better management of stormwater and wastewater
- No further loss of wetlands and streams
- Tighter controls to prevent sediment loss from earthworks and urban development
- Farmers and growers understanding and managing environmental risks and following good practice
- New standards and limits on some farming activities in some regions or catchments.