This plan outlines what is happening within a selection of ACT arts organisations to promote social inclusion and accessibility. It demonstrates the existing importance placed on inclusivity within the arts community and provides a basis for building on existing initiatives as well as information sharing and collaboration across organisations.
The plan serves the following purposes:
- outline what is happening within the ACT arts sector.
- Provide support and information for organisations to improve accessibility.
- Provide a framework for organisations to report and evaluate their inclusion and accessibility.
The objectives are:
- Increase participation within the arts sector through participation as audience and active involvement through making, performing and exhibiting.
- Promote great art and great artists by opening up the mainstream arts sector to people who experience barriers to access.
- Create a culture shift by asking how we can change aspects of the arts to allow greater access, including content, physical access and representation.