The Bushfires NT volunteer strategy 2019-2022 seeks to develop and enhance volunteer programs, align goals and provide future direction for Bushfires NT and volunteer bushfire brigades.
The strategy will cover six priority areas:
- improve our capacity by developing supportive processes
- create communication pathways to ensure transparency and understanding
- raise our profile by building community support
- strengthen relationship by fostering productive partnerships
- drive change by identifying emerging trends and opportunities
- continue to improve through monitoring and evaluation.
The strategy's priority areas will provide Bushfires NT and brigades with a blueprint for a more sustainable volunteer program.