The Specialist Homelessness Sector (SHS) has a proud history of supporting Victorians, at risk of or experiencing homelessness. The sector is recognised as a vital safety net for people experiencing the greatest disadvantage.
Homelessness services in Victoria work to provide:
- access to safe, secure and affordable housing;
- the support needed to help people overcome the barriers to keeping a home; and
- connections to the physical, personal and community resources that foster a sense of belonging
Safe and secure housing is fundamental to health and well-being. It is foundational to people’s capacity to participate in work and community activities, as well as underpinning the care of dependent children.
The framework can be used to:
- Clarify the expectations of practitioners
- Support the recruitment of new staff by articulating required knowledge, skills and attributes
- Identify and develop learning and professional development opportunities to enhance practitioner skills
- Support supervision and annual performance planning and reviews with staff
- Identify or assess the strengths or performance of an individual or a team, to enable the sharing of ‘best practice’ across the sector.