This release presents estimates on household and personal internet use in Australia. The data presented includes:
- households with internet access
- characteristics of persons accessing the internet
- reasons for accessing the internet
- types of goods and services purchased over the internet
- whether the internet was accessed for home based work
- type and mean number of devices used to access the internet at home
- cyber security indicators (new data item for 2016-17), and
- child protection online indicators (new data item for 2016-17).
These data are presented by various demographic and geographic splits.