International onshore VET graduate outcomes 2019 provides a summary of the outcomes of international students who completed their vocational education and training (VET) qualification in Australia in 2018. These students were surveyed as an additional component to the 2019 National Student Outcomes Survey.
Reasons for training:
- 70.0% of international onshore VET graduates undertook training for employment-related reasons, 24.9% for personal reasons and 5.1% for further study reasons.
- 88.8% fully or partly achieved their main reason for training, up 0.9 percentage points from 2018.
Employment and further study outcomes:
- 57.6% of international onshore VET graduates improved their employment status after training.
- 51.3% were enrolled in further study after training in Australia, up 12.5 percentage points from 2018.
Satisfaction with training:
- 84.4% of international onshore VET graduates were satisfied with the overall quality of the training, similar to 2018.
- 86.9% would recommend the training, similar to 2018.
- 83.2% would recommend their training provider, down 1.6 percentage points from 2018.