By drawing on local and international research and experience, and highlighting best practice examples, the authors aim to inspire innovative thinking and changes in New Zealand fisheries management in 2040 and beyond.
- Strengthened leadership.
- A bold Oceans Strategic Action Plan.
- Te ao Māori connected worldview in 2040 and beyond.
- A refined set of regulatory tools.
- A data platform that enables informed commercial and environmental decision making.
- An ecosystem approach to fisheries management (EAFM) is embraced within the current regulatory framework, including the Fisheries Act 1996.
- Research and innovation are maximised.