This strategy continues the commitment to achieving the virtual elimination of HIV transmission in NSW by 2025, building on the success of the NSW HIV Strategy 2016-2020.
This strategy builds on the momentum of the previous two by adding to current activities, with new initiatives focusing on:
- stigma and discrimination
- Men living in areas of outer Sydney and regional NSW with low concentrations of gay-identified men
- Culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) and recently arrived overseas-born gay men
- Heterosexuals at risk, including CALD people, gay men and women who are sexual partners of gay men
- Young gay men aged under 25 years
- Aboriginal people