This report describes the current state of Australian agriculture. It covers eight key aspects of Australian agriculture: its role in the broader economy, trends in production, industry structure and productivity, risk management, agricultural employment, government support, trade and impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Agriculture production is growing
- The farm population is diverse and constantly changing
- Around 70% of agricultural output is exported
- Australian farmers receive low levels of government support
- Agriculture was resilient despite COVID-19 uncertainty