In July 2020 the New Zealand Government released the food and fibre sector roadmap, Fit for a better world – accelerating our economic potential. The roadmap sets out three ambitious targets to achieve a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive food and fibre sector within the next decade.
In this updated document the following is discussed:
- an overview of the original Fit for a Better World roadmap
- sets out the key challenges and opportunities facing the food and fibre sector
- outlines how the Government, food and fibre sector, and Māori are partnering to take forward the roadmap
- provides a snapshot of highlights to date
- shows how the sector is contributing to the roadmap vision over the next year.