Drawing on statistics and other published and unpublished materials, this report provides up-to-date, detailed information about the health of Indigenous people in Western Australia in 2013.
Summary: This report provides comprehensive information specific to Western Australia (WA) on:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander populations
- the context of Indigenous health
- various measures of population health status
- selected health conditions
- health risk and protective factors.
This WA Overview draws on statistics and other published and unpublished materials to provide up-to-date, detailed information about the health of Indigenous people in WA in 2013. It highlights a number of improvements in certain aspects of Indigenous health, but underlines that ongoing work is needed to ‘close the gap’ in health status between Indigenous and other Australians.