This review has examined the twinning support partnership between the School of Education and the University of Waikato/InTREC consortium against:
• A strategic focus around SoE governance and management
• A process focus around the twinning
• A programme delivery focus around course structure development.
These areas have been discussed in the review in relation to two contextual dimensions:
• The institutional , within the SoE itself
• The bigger and strategic, placing the SoE within the wider Solomon Islands education system
The consortium has employed an effective, collaborative, collegial and participatory approach with Solomon Islands SoE staff. This has promoted an ownership of the developments and innovations and is impacting strongly on an increasingly positive level of staff morale.
The review has concerns around the length, and nature of visits, the integration of inputs into a more coordinated approach, evaluation, monitoring and reporting processes.